Sherimi gave me this award tag today and I thought it would be nice to get started on it right away. Thanks for thinking of me!
- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.
Questions Sherimi sent me:
- Do you prefer enjoying the hobby by yourself or by socializing a lot with other people (meet-ups etc.)? I love talking to other people through my blog or through chat, it’s really fun, but I do not join meet ups because I don’t feel comfortable in big groups of people. I’d say I enjoy the hobby by myself here, though I’ve met some local collectors in person a few times.
- Do you ever take a doll with you when you travel? I haven’t traveled in so long! But I would bring at least a tiny if I do in the future.
- Is there any doll/figure that you didn’t like at first, but then later fell in love with? Yes! I used to hate DollShe Saint and SOOM Chrome, but then I loved them both, they are so handsome!! I used to join a Saint, but I realized that 70cm. is too big for me.
- If you miss a limited doll, do you want to hunt down that exact one or wait for new similar releases? I prefer to wait and see if there’s any re release or another edition of the sculpt, since I do not feel very comfortable with buying second hand (mainly because of the whole recast thing). But I do consider buying second hand an option if there’s no other way. I’ve been checking the DoA marketplace for a Bygg/Beyla lately, though I really hope SOOM does a new special order.
- Have you ever thought of quitting the hobby? If so, why? Many times! Never because I don’t love my dolls though. Sometimes I think it’s just way too much money and I should be saving for a house or travels. Other times I just feel like I do nothing with them (specially in winter, I lose all motivation for my hobbies).
- What company has impressed you the most and why? I don’t think there’s only one company that has impressed me, but I’d say SOOM was very VERY impressive when they started releasing fantasy dolls, I felt that was such an original idea and there wasn’t any other company doing that, it inspired me a lot. I still love their dolls, though I feel their older sculpts are more to my taste than the new ones. They are always releasing the cutest tinies too.
- If you had to get a doll of some existing anime/movie/game/other character, who would it be? The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time of course!! She has the best costumes in the world.
- Do you prefer male or female dolls/figures? Male big dolls and tiny female dolls haha, mostly because I love male clothes for the SD boys, but in yoSD size the girl stuff is the cutest!
- What is the most memorable comment that you’ve gotten about your hobby? Someone once sent a confession in a tumblr blog about Lucas being the best Dia. That made my day haha.
- Which one do you enjoy more – reading or watching TV/movies? I love both things equally. I love a good book, specially in winter, go to bed early and read for a few hours and once you are all cozy and warm, go to sleep. But I also love watching series, I love period dramas, historic series and superheroes. Sometimes after I read a novel I would check if there’s a movie or a series about them (like when I read Jane Eyre). Other times I love a TV series so much I read the book if available (example: North and South). I also love watching korean dramas.
- If you had your own doll company, what kind of dolls would you make? I would probably make fantasy dolls in all the colors you could imagine. I used to draw a lot when I was younger and used to make huge fantasy ears on all my characters. Ears like big fins with lots of ornaments, or butterfly patterns on them. I think I’d do something like that.
My questions for the people I will award this:
- What’s the thing you love the most about blogging?
- What’s the thing you love the most about your dolls/figures?
- Is there anything you always wanted to do with your dolls but never dared to?
- Are you working on something for your dolls/figures at the moment?
- Have any of your friends/family joined the hobby because they got to know it through you?
- Is there something or someone in particular that inspires your aesthetics, background stories, etc?
- Do you share your doll or doll photos with people outside the hobby?
- Is any of your dolls based on yourself or a person you know?
- Do you have a favorite doll/figure from another person collection? Would you own the same doll/figure?
- Three things you like about yourself?
- Anything you have learn in this hobby you wish you knew before joining?
Here is a list of the people I want to give this award to:
I apologize if someone already got this, feel free to ignore me
Kirstine from A Tiny jurney
Nikki from Resin Romance
Fyrd from Featherminty
Niina from Dollsdolour
Thanks for the tag! ^-^
And oh, I’m in the same boat as you with winter gettingme down. I’ve complained about the lack of light to no end, but it is true. And when I can’t share any new photos, it just kills it for me. I always try to do something other than photographing though, like crafts, but in the end after a day of work, coming home through chilling weather I just mainly want to curl up on the sofa with a cup of tea. Luckily winter isn’t eternal and spring usually brings a boost of inspiration for me! 🙂 I hope it is the same for you.
Also, any new Bygg/Beyla SOs would be welcomed with open arms by me too 😀 But getting one second hand especially via DoA shouldn’t be any trouble either. Nevermind that recasts have gotten widespread in general, I still trust DoA’s zero-tolerance policy to keep them out of there. Plus I have confidence in that most sellers are responsible and trustworthy and the bad apples are a very small minority, though sadly they get more exposure (because of course any bad sale will be brought to the public attention, which is a good thing).
No prob, you deserve the award 😀 and I wanted to read your answers haha
Winter is evil, I can’t function with no light, but you are right, spring comes and it always bring a burst of energy you didn’t remember you could feel. Or at least that’s how it is for me XD In winter I cant believe I could be excited about doing things and in spring I can’t believe I was so useless not long ago lol
Let’s hope SOOM releases a new SO Bygg/Beyla in all the colors XD I know you want tan, I guess I could work with that, but I really want other colors haha. But at this point they can give me any color and I would think about it very seriously XD
I know the scams are the least cases, specially when it comes to DoA, so I’ve lost a bit of that fear, but I still prefer going to the official company if I have the chance to do so. So far all the Bygg/Beylas I’ve seen on DoA are either not the color I want or way too expensive. But I’ll keep checking. It must be so cool to receive a shipping notice right after you pay X)
Thank you for tagging me *^///^*>
I enjoyed reading your answers! Its fun you like Korean dramas – one of my sisters is totally hooked on those as well XD’ I’ve only seen a few Korean movies and (of cause) a ton of Korean music videos myself. ;D
So sweet that someone commented that about Lucas 😀 You deserve it though! His lips are to die for! *____*
No prob, thanks to you for doing it so fast!
Korean dramas are awesome XD Granted, they always fall in the same cliches and there are some behaviours I wouldn’t like in real life but I just love them XD
That comment about Lucas was awesome! It was like a year ago and it still makes me smile XD I wish I knew who sent it 🙂
Haha yeah, I have seen a few episodes of Korean dramas. They sure have their own way of doing things. At least I feel they act more natural in a way compared with Japanese actors. It becomes very stiff, scripted and sort of fake to look at with the Japanese dramas I think. But I think its a cultural thing, so maybe they feel the same about western stuff. XD’
I have so many friends who like Korean dramas, I should consider watching some. ^^
But their culture can be a bit confusing. Especially the thing about lying to keep your reputation up. I’ve never understood that. But we don’t have that honor codex here, so that is probably why. Its super fun to learn about other cultures.
Learning about other cultures is amazing~ I also prefer korean dramas over japanese, and I have some friends who also watch dramas 🙂 I have more people to talk about korean dramas with than dolls XD
Yay, great to see your answers to this ^3^ I’m with you on losing interest on the hobbies during winter… Oh and like you, I absolutely love Regina/Evil Queen – she’d be absolutely stunning as a doll with that wardrobe!
Thank you for doing this~
No prob, it was awesome and it gave me an opportunity to be more active in my own blog, though I have many things that I need to write soon (wigs reviews and plans).
Regina is amazing, the actress is so good for the role too, I just love everything X)
Thanks for the tag! I have posted my answers and I really enjoyed your questions! And it was great to read your post! I totally agree with you when it comes to a book, early in bed and then fall asleep all cozy from the story. Enjoy your week! <3
Thanks for answering!! I already went and left a comment 😀 it was fun to read~
Reading in bed in winter is super nice, then you can dream all nice things 😀
Thank you so much for the tag! 😀
I looove Regina too! (And Hook!) I just really love OUaT.
Hook is amazing too!!! though I prefer him when He is bad haha XD Messy hair suits him so well~ and his voiceeeeeeee 😀 Nice to find other fans of the series in this hobby *u*
I enjoyed reading your answers to these questions!
I’m of the same mind as you with Soom’s fantasy dolls. Looking back at their older fantasy releases, there have been some really fantastic work.
Oh I would love to see an Evil Queen doll. That would definitely be something else. I agree about her costumes too. Sad that she doesn’t wear a lot of those anymore now that she’s joined the light side. She had a better wardrobe when she was evil.
I have to admit that I feel the same as you on second-hand purchases, at least when it comes to bjds. The whole recast issue really has made me a lot more wary to get dolls second-hand and even if it’s the only way to get a doll, I just kind of let the desire to own it go and just hope the company re-releases later on. That is unless it’s a friend and I know the doll is legit, then I’ll buy second-hand.
I really think SOOM opened the way for so many good things. If they didn’t another company would have done eventually but it would take more time and we wouldn’t have the variety we have now. I just love fantasy dolls so much!
I like that She is a good Queen now, but I agree with you, her Evil costumes were way better and they always are rbinging excuses to show her in those I think. They know what we want haha XD
Recats have hurt the hobby a lot and it’s so sad that pro recasts can’t see it that way. If I ever buy a doll second hand I will be super annoying and ask as much proof as I feel I will need before purchasing.
Very interesting read and congrats on the tag Alejandra. 🙂 You know my stand on re-casts, so I shall say no more. I also love the costumes from “Once Upon a Time”, but then I just love fancy costumes period!! I tend to hibernate in winter though I still play with my dolls, just don’t seem to socialise as much. I really enjoyed this post.
Thanks!! Fancy costumes are always appreciated right? Intrincate designs are so nice to see 🙂
I see a lot of people like me in winter in my blog, I’m suprised! Where I live people tend to prefer winter over summer and I have to admit our winters aren’t as harsh as in other places.
You are Soomed!! 😀 I loved to read your answers, but the one I liked the most is your idea for a BJD company! That would be great!
Thanks for sharing your answers!
Hahaha I am SOOMED indeed!! Been since I first laid eyes on them XD Thanks for reading!
Thanks for the tag~ I love reading about your questions. Haha, Soom Doll is what I blame into getting me in this hobby as well. Those monthly fantasy releases are stunning. And yes! I’m keeping my finger crossed for Soom’s Bygg/Beyla release too. Btw, you can call me “Raine”. ;D
Okay! Raine it is :D! And no prob, I like your blog a lot :D! So many Bygg/Beyla fans!! I remmeber when they were first released, I wanted one so bad!!! Nothing has changed since XD
I enjoyed reading your answers, and I’m glad I’m not alone with feeling like sometimes it should be left behind. Still, what keeps me here is the thought that every hobby costs money. My dolls aren’t keeping me from my goals either. So it’s all about perspective and management really. 🙂
I totally agree!!! There are some other hobbies that are even more expensive right? and it’s not like we are spencing important money on dolls XD I make sure to have enough savings for emergencies and other stuff first 🙂
Ahh, I feel the same about Soom, I love most of their sculpts. However now I won’t buy from them due to the service T_T
It’s hard not to feel guilty sometimes over the huge amount of money this hobby eats up D:
Great read, this tag is fun!~
Yeah I hope they improve the service. I’m very wary about it too, but if they do release a tiny that I like, I might cave in Dx……………
It was really great to read your answers! 😀
I was also so impressed by SOOM back when they started releasing fantasy dolls and where so SOOMed by their Teenie Gems. I still love fantasy dolls, but realized that I don’t really want to own them myself.
Ooh! I love Regina! It would be awesome with her as a doll. xD
I love fantasy dolls too and I do love to own them, but only if they are simple enough. After dealing with the Vesuvia scorpion tail I realized that was too much for me to handle, can’t have fun with it, so now I look for dolls with less parts haha 😀
I’ve seen at least one doll in costume as Regina and it was super cool, though I wuld have gone for a more mature sculpt and all the dresses lol One can dream