Sherimi gave me this award tag today and I thought it would be nice to get started on it right away. Thanks for thinking of me!
- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.
Questions Sherimi sent me:
- Do you prefer enjoying the hobby by yourself or by socializing a lot with other people (meet-ups etc.)? I love talking to other people through my blog or through chat, it’s really fun, but I do not join meet ups because I don’t feel comfortable in big groups of people. I’d say I enjoy the hobby by myself here, though I’ve met some local collectors in person a few times.
- Do you ever take a doll with you when you travel? I haven’t traveled in so long! But I would bring at least a tiny if I do in the future.
- Is there any doll/figure that you didn’t like at first, but then later fell in love with? Yes! I used to hate DollShe Saint and SOOM Chrome, but then I loved them both, they are so handsome!! I used to join a Saint, but I realized that 70cm. is too big for me.
- If you miss a limited doll, do you want to hunt down that exact one or wait for new similar releases? I prefer to wait and see if there’s any re release or another edition of the sculpt, since I do not feel very comfortable with buying second hand (mainly because of the whole recast thing). But I do consider buying second hand an option if there’s no other way. I’ve been checking the DoA marketplace for a Bygg/Beyla lately, though I really hope SOOM does a new special order.
- Have you ever thought of quitting the hobby? If so, why? Many times! Never because I don’t love my dolls though. Sometimes I think it’s just way too much money and I should be saving for a house or travels. Other times I just feel like I do nothing with them (specially in winter, I lose all motivation for my hobbies).
- What company has impressed you the most and why? I don’t think there’s only one company that has impressed me, but I’d say SOOM was very VERY impressive when they started releasing fantasy dolls, I felt that was such an original idea and there wasn’t any other company doing that, it inspired me a lot. I still love their dolls, though I feel their older sculpts are more to my taste than the new ones. They are always releasing the cutest tinies too.
- If you had to get a doll of some existing anime/movie/game/other character, who would it be? The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time of course!! She has the best costumes in the world.
- Do you prefer male or female dolls/figures? Male big dolls and tiny female dolls haha, mostly because I love male clothes for the SD boys, but in yoSD size the girl stuff is the cutest!
- What is the most memorable comment that you’ve gotten about your hobby? Someone once sent a confession in a tumblr blog about Lucas being the best Dia. That made my day haha.
- Which one do you enjoy more – reading or watching TV/movies? I love both things equally. I love a good book, specially in winter, go to bed early and read for a few hours and once you are all cozy and warm, go to sleep. But I also love watching series, I love period dramas, historic series and superheroes. Sometimes after I read a novel I would check if there’s a movie or a series about them (like when I read Jane Eyre). Other times I love a TV series so much I read the book if available (example: North and South). I also love watching korean dramas.
- If you had your own doll company, what kind of dolls would you make? I would probably make fantasy dolls in all the colors you could imagine. I used to draw a lot when I was younger and used to make huge fantasy ears on all my characters. Ears like big fins with lots of ornaments, or butterfly patterns on them. I think I’d do something like that.
My questions for the people I will award this:
- What’s the thing you love the most about blogging?
- What’s the thing you love the most about your dolls/figures?
- Is there anything you always wanted to do with your dolls but never dared to?
- Are you working on something for your dolls/figures at the moment?
- Have any of your friends/family joined the hobby because they got to know it through you?
- Is there something or someone in particular that inspires your aesthetics, background stories, etc?
- Do you share your doll or doll photos with people outside the hobby?
- Is any of your dolls based on yourself or a person you know?
- Do you have a favorite doll/figure from another person collection? Would you own the same doll/figure?
- Three things you like about yourself?
- Anything you have learn in this hobby you wish you knew before joining?
Here is a list of the people I want to give this award to:
I apologize if someone already got this, feel free to ignore me